Health & Safety – SAFE FOOD HANDLING
With the new food laws, the Food Act 2014 and the Food Regulations 2015, now is a good time to review the responsibilities providers have to ensure that children, who eat food that has been prepared, handled and served by you, only receive safe and suitable food.
This workshop will cover;
- What is food safety including food poisoning and food diseases
- How to protect food from contamination including how to kill germs in food
- Personal hygiene, including hand washing and health and sickness protocols
- Protective clothing
- The purpose of cleaning with clear cleaning procedures and schedules
- Water supply
- Insects including rats and mice
- Physical and chemical control
- Potentially hazardous foods including food allergens
- Preparing and processing food including refrigeration
- Transporting food
- Paperwork including recording
This workshop is a must to ensure that you achieve the Food Act goal of being a safe and suitable food handler.